- Child Benefit
- The child benefit is one of the statutory public benefits aimed at defraying the cost of raising a child.
- Child Day Care Subsidies
- Statutory child day care subsidies are provided in the form of monthly benefits to families.
- Child Maintenance Allowance
- The child maintenance allowance is a Kela benefit aimed at providing economic security to children who do not receive child support from a liable parent.
- Child Maintenance and Custody
- The statistics are based on summary data that National Institute for Health and Welfare
receives from municipalities on child maintenance and custody.
- Child Welfare
- The data are based on data in the National Institute for Health and Welfare Child Welfare Register concerning children and young persons placed outside the home and on summary data that National Institute for Health and Welfare receives annually from municipalities on children and young persons receiving support in community
care as part of a child welfare intervention.
- Conscript's Allowance
- The purpose of the conscript's allowance is to provide economic security to conscripts and their family mem-bers during military or alternative service.
- Disability benefits and services provided by Kela
- The statistics on disability benefits and services provided by Kela cover the benefits paid by Kela to persons with disabilities (child disability allowance, disability allowance, care allowance for pensioners and dietary grant) and the interpreting services for the disabled.
- Expenditure on Social Assistance
- Preliminary Statistics on Social Assistance are compiled based on data collected once a year from municipalities on social assistance recipients.
- Financial Aid for Students
- The statistics on Financial Aid for Students by Social Insurance Institution of Finland offer information about publicly funded financial assistance for students.
- General Housing Allowance
- The statistics on the general housing allowance contain data on payments of general housing allowance by Kela.
- Housing Allowance for Pensioners
- The statistics on the housing allowance for pensioners contain data on payments of housing allowance for pensioners by Kela.
- Institutional Care and Housing Services in Social Care
- The statistics are based on the Care Register for Social Welfare.
- Maternity Grant
- The maternity grant is one of the statutory public benefits aimed at defraying the cost of raising a child.
- Occupational Health Care
- The occupational health care statistics contain data on the occupational health services for which Kela provides reimbursements.
- Parenthood Allowances
- Residents of Finland are insured under the Health Insurance Act.
- Pension Assistance for the Long-Term Unemployed
- Pension assistance for the long-term unemployed is a multi-year, comprehensive benefit for aging persons with an especially long history of unemployment to help them make a transition first from labour market subsidy to pension assistance and further to old-age pension at age 62.
- Pensioners and Insured in Finland
- The statistics Pensioners and insured in Finland provides an overview of the finnish earnings-related pension scheme.
- Pensions Provided by Kela
- The Finnish pension system is comprised, broadly, of two statutory schemes which respectively provide national pensions and earnings-related pensions.
- Private Social Care Provision
- National Institute for Health and Welfare annually collects data from private providers of social services on their activities
- Regular Home Care
- Client-specific data have been gathered on clients in regular home care every other year as part of notifications to the Care Registers for Social Welfare and Health Care (from 2007 onwards, data are gathered every year).
- Rehabilitation Benefits and Services Provided by Kela
- The statistics on the rehabilitation benefits and services provided by Kela present a general picture of the rehabilitation implemented by Kela nationwide.
- Reimbursement Entitlements in Respect of Medicines
- The statistics on reimbursement entitlements in respect of medicines are based on the National Health Insurance reimbursement system for medicine expenses.
- Reimbursements for Medical Expenses
- All permanent residents of Finland are covered under the Finnish National Health Insurance (NHI) scheme and are eligible for reimbursement of medical expenses under the Health Insurance Act.
- Reimbursements for Prescription Medicines
- The statistics on reimbursements for prescription medicines are based on the reimbursement of pharmaceutical expenses.
- School Transport Subsidies
- The school transport subsidy is one of the means for supporting participation in education.
- Sickness Allowance
- All residents of Finland are insured under the Health Insurance Act.
- Social Assistance
- The annual Social Assistance statistics are based on the National Institute for Health and Welfare Social Assistance Register, in which data are gathered from municipalities on recipient households and their size and structure and the duration and level of assistance.
- Social Protection Expenditure
- The social protection expenditure account is based on data derived from a number of
statistics, annual reports, financial statements and other similar sources.
- Special Assistance for Immigrants
- The purpose of special assistance for immigrants is to provide long-term economic security for immigrants in respect of old age and incapacity for work.
- Statistics on Pensioners in Finland
- The statistics on pensioners in Finland give a comprehensive overall picture of the pensions paid by the Finnish earnings-related and residence-based national pension schemes.
- Total Expenditure on Pensions in Finland
- Finland has a diversified pension system.
- Unemployment Benefits Provided by Kela
- The statistics on the benefits paid by Kela in respect of unemployment present a general picture of the basic unemployment-related benefits provided by Kela.
- Unemployment Protection in Finland
- The statistics on unemployment protection in Finland provide a general picture of income replacement in the event of unemployment.
Revisions in statistics
All revisions >>>
(Statistics Finlands statistics only)
Statistics Finland does not produce statistics on this topic.
(Statistics Finlands statistics only)
Statistical releases will not be issued in English on this topic in 2013.
Release calendar >>>
Latest press releases
All press releases >>>