Education refers here to education leading to a qualification or degree.
Education leading to a qualification or degree (qualification or degree-oriented education) refers to education leading to the completion of the full syllabus of comprehensive school (school-leaving certificate), completion of the full syllabus of upper secondary general school (matriculation examination certificate), International Baccalaureate certificate, Reifeprüfung certificate, European Baccalaureate certificate, Gymnasieexamen certificate, initial vocational qualification, basic vocational qualification, specialist vocational qualification, university of applied sciences degree, higher university of applied sciences degree or university degree.
Education leading to a qualification or degree is classified by the classification of education.
Statistics using the definition
- University education
- Preliminary population statistics
- Transition from school to further education and work
- Pre-primary and comprehensive school education
- Employment of students
- Progress of studies
- Students and qualifications of educational institutions
- Upper secondary general school education
- Discontinuation of education
- Providers of education and educational institutions
- Entrance to education
- Special education
- Subject choices of students
- Vocational education
- University of applied sciences education
Validity of the definition
- Valid until (31 December 2078)