About the site
The addresses of Statistics Finland's web service are tilastokeskus.fi and stat.fi.
Content of the service
The web service is available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The contents are limited in Swedish and English. The contents of the language versions may differ.
The front page contains links to the latest statistical data that are updated on weekdays at 8 am. The release times are given in advance in the release calendar. The front page also comprises topical news, updated key figures and shortcuts to Statistics Finland's key services.
The Statistical data section comprises statistics by topic.
The Metadata section contains classifications and definitions of the concepts used in the statistics. The section also includes information on statistical data protection and data protection descriptions.
The Data collections section provides information about data collections carried out by Statistics Finland and gives instructions to respondents.
The Products and services section includes information on Statistics Finland's service selection, such as research services, interview services and information service. The section also contains a wide array of statistical services, such as databases and indicator services.
The Statistics Finland section presents Statistics Finland as an organisation and describes the agency's national and international cooperation network.
Web browsers and responsiveness
The web service works with the most common browser versions. The website is responsive and its content gets scaled according to the terminal device.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files saved on the device you use to access our web pages. Cookies can be used to carry out certain functions on the pages and remember the selections you have made. Cookies can also be used to collect data on how much each web content is used.
Cookies that ensure the functioning of the website, or the essential cookies
The so-called essential cookies ensure that our web pages function technically correctly. We also set an essential cookie based on the cookie selection you have made. You cannot prevent setting these cookies with the cookie selection. The essential cookies are cookies set by Statistics Finland. We do not release them to outside parties.
Non-essential cookies are cookies that you can prevent from being set with the cookie selection you make. If you do not accept all cookies, the content that requires cookies will not be shown on our pages.
Cookies for monitoring the number of users
Cookies to monitor the number of users of the pages help us collect data on how many users there are and with which devices the pages are used. This information helps us develop our online content. Usage monitoring is not done in Statistics Finland’s secure email service.
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager services to monitor the usage. These cookies are set by Google. Read more about Google’s cookies.
Cookies for quality development
For quality development we use the React &Share service, with which users can give us feedback on individual pages. The cookies needed for this are set by React & Share. Cookies enable making reports and analyses. React & Share does not release any information.
Cookies for displaying services or contents
Some of our web pages use a chat service, by means of which users can ask questions related to statistics from information specialists working at Statistics Finland's information services. The implementation of the chat service was acquired from Elisa Corporation, and its cookies are set by Elisa. Cookies enable chat discussions between the customer and the customer service provider. Elisa does not release any information.
YouTube videos are embedded on some pages. To show them, YouTube sets cookies. Read more about the cookies used by YouTube on Google’s cookies page.
Some pages have embedded map images from Paikkatietoikkuna. Paikkatietoikkuna is a national geospatial portal maintained by the National Land Survey of Finland. To show map images, the National Land Survey sets a cookie saving the language selection and a session-specific identifier as well as two cookies directing server traffic during the session.
Accepting or rejecting cookies
You can accept all cookies or only the essential cookies from the cookie banner on our website. If you only accept the essential cookies, the content that requires cookies will not be shown to you.
You can change the selection you have made at any time. Change the settings from the next button. If you want to change your settings later, you can visit this page under “Cookie settings” in the site footer.
The attachment files in the web service are mostly in PDF and xlsx format (Excel). For reading PDF files you need a specific reader program, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe website.
Part of the web service contents can be subscribed to as RSS feeds. The feeds are available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The contents of the language versions may differ.
- Publications: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/publications.rss
- Statistical releases by topic:
- Agriculture, forestry and fishery: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/agriculture-forestry-and-fishery.rss
- Culture, media and time use: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/culture-media-and-time-use.rss
- Digitalisation: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/digitalisation.rss
- Education and research: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/education-and-research.rss
- Energy: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/energy.rss
- Enterprises: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/enterprises.rss
- Environment and nature: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/environment-and-nature.rss
- Health and social protection: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/health-and-social-protection.rss
- Housing and construction: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/housing-and-construction.rss
- National economy: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/national-economy.rss
- Population and society: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/population-and-society.rss
- Prices and consumption: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/prices-and-consumption.rss
- Transport and tourism: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/transport-and-tourism.rss
- Work, wages and livelihood: https://stat.fi/api/rss/en/work-wages-and-livelihood.rss
Open data and interfaces
The interfaces offered by Statistics Finland to open data users can all be found on the Open data pages.
The state of accessibility of Statistics Finland's different web services has been described in the accessibility statement of each service.
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland’s web service
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland's data collection forms
- Accessibility statement for the table service of Statistics Finland’s publications
- Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland Finna
- Accessibility statement for the Taika research data catalogue
Further information about the accessibility of Statistics Finland's web services is available by email at email@example.com.
Further information about accessibility can be found in Finnish and Swedish on the accessibility website maintained by the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Data protection descriptions
Statistics Finland's data protection descriptions can be found in Finnish and Swedish on the Data protection descriptions page.
- Data protection descriptions of statistical data
- Data protection descriptions of research data
- Data protection descriptions of customer and stakeholder registers
The aim is to keep the contents of the web service correct and timely. We invest in the reliability of the web service, but there may be technical problems in the web service. Statistics Finland is not responsible for any costs or damages that may be caused by possible errors or technical problems.
Contact information and feedback
You can send feedback with the feedback form or by email at verkkotoimitus(at)stat.fi.