The thematic pages on gender equality contain statistical data on the position of women and men, and gender equality in Finland. The pages comprise key statistical data by theme and links to pages of statistics related to various topics and other data sources.
Statistical data on equality between women and men are also available in the publication Gender Equality in Finland 2018.
Statistics Finland’s statistics are principally based on register and survey data that cover the entire population or age groups. The typical source data is the Population Information System. Thus, statistics on gender equality generally deal with the two legally recognized sexes, women and men.
- The Gender Equality in Finland 2018 publication (Statistics Finland 14 Nov 2018)
- The life of women and men in Europe - A statistical portrait - 2018 edition (Statistics Finland and Eurostat 19 Oct 2018)
- Statistics Finland participates in the 100 acts for gender equality project
- 6th Global Forum on Gender Statistics, Helsinki, Finland, 24-26 October 2016
- Pärnänen, Anna: Zero-hour contracts – uncertainty or desired flexibility? (Tieto & Trendit 11.5.2016)
- Gender statistics (Eurostat Statistics Explained, 8 March 2016)
- Gender Equality in Power and Decision-Making (European Institute for Gender Equality 4 Dec 2015)
- World's Women 2015 (UNSD 20 Oct 2015)
- Over one-half of those with foreign background moved to Finland for family reasons (Statistics Finland / News 15 Oct 2015)
- EIGE launches Gender Equality Index 2015: Marginal improvements in gender equality (2.7.2015)
- Around one-quarter of domestic violence and intimate partner violence was directed at children (Statistics Finland / Statistics on offences and coercive measures 28.5.2015)
- Background analysis of candidates and elected MPs in the Parliamentary elections 2015 (Statistics Finland / Election statistics 30.4.2015)
Last updated 14 Nov 2018