Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland
The Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland acts as a joint forum for authorities producing statistics in order to advance the development policies of Official Statistics and the objectives of the national level co-ordination of the European System of Statistics. The Board has been functioning since 2002. The term of office of the present Board runs from 1 January 2020 to 31 December 2020.
The function of the Board is:
- Promoting cooperation in national and international statistical ecosystems and exchanging data and expertise.
- Promoting implementation of EU’s Code of Practice (CoP) and quality evaluation and preparing methodological guidelines.
- Promoting the visibility and knowledge of the Official Statistics of Finland.
- Promoting the production of uniform, high-quality and reliable official statistics that corresponds to customer needs.
The Board organises seminars and discussions on topical matters in the scope of the national statistical service. The Board can also set up sections to manage its tasks efficiently.
- Producers of Official Statistics of Finland and ESS authorities (PDF)
- Development strategy for Official Statistics of Finland 2017-2019 (PDF, 472 kb, 19 p.)
Chair of The Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland
Hannele Orjala, Director of Information Services, Statistics Finland
- Tiina Palotie-Heino, Head of Statistics, Finnish Centre for Pensions
- Katariina Käkönen, Statistical Planner, Finnish Centre for Pensions
- Minna Rantamäki, Account Manager, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Vesa Ylönen, Head of Statistics, Social Insurance Institution of Finland
- Mika Idman, Special Adviser, The Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom
- Esa Katajamäki, Development Manager, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Erja Mikkola, Special Adviser, Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Rafael Bärlund, Senior Adviser, Finnish Immigration Service
- Taisto Toppinen, Register Manager, National Land Survey of Finland
- Ilppo A. Alatalo, Senior Officer, Criminal Sanctions Agency
- Marja-Liisa Muiluvuori, Planning Officer, Criminal Sanctions Agency
- Kimmo Silvo, Service Manager, Finnish Environment Institute
- Anna Heino, Planning Officer, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Salla Säkkinen, Senior Adviser, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Christina Telasuo, Senior Customs Officer, National Board of Customs
- Petri Syvänen, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Kirsi Koskela, Assistant Chief Medical Officer, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Johanna Lehtimäki, Specialist, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Leena Storgårds, Senior Adviser, Statistics Finland
- Riitta Kaisio, Head of Information Services, Statistics Finland
- Outi Ahti-Miettinen, Senior Adviser, Statistics Finland
Last updated 3 Jan 2020