Energy production most supported by environmental subsidies in 2021release | Environmental subsidies 2021
According to Statistics Finland, the Finnish government paid EUR 653 million in environmental subsidies in 2021. Most of the environmental subsidies were used for the protection of soil and waterways, biodiversity and energy production from renewable natural resources. The share of the non-financial corporations sector has over time grown into the largest one of the sectors receiving environmental subsidies.
- Environmental subsidies are paid by Finland both to the home country and abroad.
- Only subsidies where the primary objective or one of the primary objectives is nature conservation or management of natural resource use are considered environmental subsidies.
- Around one half, 52 per cent, of the environmental subsidies paid by Finland were connected to environmental protection and the remaining 48 per cent to management of natural resources.
Environmental subsidies for environmental protection paid by Finland in 2014 to 2021
Environmental subsidies for management of natural resource use paid by Finland in 2014 to 2021
Environmental subsidies paid by Finland by sector in 2014 to 2021
Pick the data you need into tables, view the data as graphs, or download the data for your use.