Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland
The Advisory Board of Official Statistics of Finland acts as a joint forum for authorities producing statistics in order to advance the development policies of Official Statistics and the objectives of the national level coordination of the European Statistical System. The Board has been functioning since 2002. The term of office of the present Board runs from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2023.
Advisory Board's function
The function of the Advisory Board is to
- Promote the national statistical cooperation and develop statistics production in accordance with the development strategy for the statistical ecosystem 2021 to 2023 and the objectives of the European Statistical Programme,
- Promote the implementation of the EU Code of Practice (CoP) and support peer reviews,
- Support the preparation of quality and methodological guidelines and exchange of competence and information,
- Promote the visibility and knowledge of the Official Statistics of Finland,
- Promote the production of uniform, high-quality and reliable official statistics that correspond to customer needs.
The Board can organise seminars and discussions on topical matters it regards as important in the scope of the statistical ecosystem. The Board may also set up sections or working groups for the preparation of its duties.
- Producers of Official Statistics of Finland and ESS authorities (PDF)
- Development strategy for the statistical ecosystem 2021 to 2023 (PDF)
Ville Vertanen, Deputy Director General, Statistics Finland
- Tiina Palotie-Heino, Statistics Manager, Finnish Centre for Pensions (deputy member: Katariina Käkönen, Statistical Planner, Finnish Centre for Pensions)
- Minna Rantamäki, Account Manager, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Vesa Ylönen, Head of Statistics, Social Insurance Institution of Finland (deputy member: Reeta Pösö, Statistical Analyst)
- Mika Idman, Senior Adviser, Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom (deputy member: Juha-Pekka Konttinen, Senior Adviser, Traficom)
- Mari Ylä-Jarkko, Director of Statistics, Natural Resources Institute Finland (deputy member: Esa Katajamäki, Manager, Natural Resources Institute Finland)
- Jussi Vasanen, Head of Statistics, Finnish Immigration Service (deputy member: Jani Jormanainen, Senior Planner, Finnish Immigration Service)
- Taisto Toppinen, Head of Registers, National Land Survey of Finland (deputy member: Heikki Lind, Director, National Land Survey of Finland)
- Ilppo Alatalo, Senior Planning Officer, Criminal Sanctions Agency (deputy member: Marja-Liisa Muiluvuori, Senior Researcher, Criminal Sanctions Agency)
- Kimmo Silvo, Development Manager, Finnish Environment Institute
- Anna Heino, Senior Planning Officer, National Institute for Health and Welfare (deputy member: Salla Säkkinen, Development Manager, National Institute for Health and Welfare)
- Christina Telasuo, Senior Customs Officer, National Board of Customs
- Petri Syvänen, Ministerial Adviser, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment
- Johanna Lehtimäki, Senior Specialist, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (deputy member: Kirsi Koskela, Senior Medical Officer, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health)
- Leena Storgårds, Senior Adviser, Statistics Finland
- Reetta Moilanen, Development Manager, Statistics Finland
- Mervi Ukkonen, Chief Communication Officer, Statistics Finland
The Board is entitled to hear experts it considers necessary.