News 24 Aug 2020
Corona situation report of 21 August 2020: latest economic statistics coming up
Statistics Finland's corona situation report has been on a break during the summer. At the beginning of autumn, the situation report will be published again for the time being. In the situation report we collect recent statistical data describing the corona situation and the release times of statistics to be released in the coming week.
We will continue to publish accelerated weekly statistics describing the corona situation for the time being. In addition to accelerated statistics, we also publish other statistics and articles describing the exceptional situation, and information on these is gathered into this situation report.
The production and publication of statistics will continue normally in other aspects. Statistics Finland will not conduct face-to-face interviews during autumn. In other respects, the aim is to conduct the data collections as planned.
Selections of statistics and articles describing the effects of the corona situation
- 21 August 2020 Weekly numbers of bankruptcies, instant preliminary data (until week 33/2020)
- 21 August 2020 Operating expenses of municipalities in Mainland Finland grew by 0.3 per cent in January to June 2020
- 20 August 2020 Weekly numbers of deaths, rapid estimate (until week 32/2020)
- 18 August 2020 According to the experimental early estimate for the economy, output grew by 0.5 per cent in July (in Finnish)
- 18 August 2020 Value of enterprises' inventories fell in the second quarter of 2020 (in Finnish)
- 18 August 2020 Fewer open job vacancies in the second quarter than one year earlier
Selections of coming statistics and articles describing the corona situation
- 24 August 2020 Kristian Taskinen's blog “Why are statistics completed so slowly?” (in Finnish)
- 25 August 2020 Labour Force Survey, July 2020
- 25 August 2020 Preliminary population statistics, July 2020
- 26 August 2020 Turnover of trade, preliminary data, July 2020
- 27 August 2020 Consumer Confidence, August 2020
- 27 August 2020 Prices of dwellings in housing companies, July 2020
- 27 August 2020 Accommodation statistics 2020, July 2020, preliminary data
- 27 August 2020 Air traffic, July 2020
- 27 August 2020 Weekly numbers of deaths, rapid estimate (until week 33/2020)
- 28 August 2020 Weekly numbers of bankruptcies, instant preliminary data (until week 34/2020)
- 28 August 2020 Quarterly national accounts, 2nd quarter
In connection with the quarterly national accounts on 28 August, we publish a review of the economic situation in which the effects of the corona situation on Finland's economy are illustrated with the help of the latest statistics.
This is how to find statistical data on the coronation situation
We collect statistics describing the corona situation on the corona pages of Statistics Finland's web pages. Eurostat has also opened the Covid-19 page where you can find much information and data describing the situation on the EU level.
Statistics Finland's research services continue to cooperate with Helsinki GSE. The situation room reports can be found on the Helsinki GSE website. For the time being, the Library of Statistics has been closed to visitors. The lending service operates as agreed. Statistics Finland’s statistics and services can be found on the www.stat.fi pages. The Information Services help in finding statistical information by telephone at +358 29 551 2220 or by email at email@example.com. You can also inquire about statistics with the Ask about statistics form.
Ville Vertanen, Deputy Director General (Partnership and Ecosystem Relations),
tel. +358 29 551 3343
Hannele Orjala, Director of Information Services (Communication and Information Services), tel. +358 29 551 3582