Producers of statistics
The National Statistical Service comprises 14 agencies and institutions, 12 of which produce Official Statistics of Finland. The Statistics Act divides the producers of statistics into three groups, namely statistical authorities, other authorities producing statistics and other producers of statistics.
The Statistics Act defines four statistical authorities (Natural Resources Institute Finland, National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Statistics Finland and Finnish Customs) that have the right to collect data for statistical purposes by virtue of the data supply obligation prescribed in law.
- Statistics Finland
- National Institute for Health and Welfare, THL
- Natural Resources Institute Finland
Other authorities producing statistics
- Finnish Environment Institute
- Finnish Immigration Service
- Finnish Institute of Occupational Health
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Finnish Transport Agency
- Finnish Transport Safety Agency
- Ministry of Employment and the Economy
- National Land Survey of Finland
Other producers of statistics
- Central Pension Security Institute
- Social Insurance Institution of Finland
The Bank of Finland is a statistical authority as part of the European System of Central Banks but does not hold the position of a statistical authority in Finland's National Statistical Service.