Statistics Finland's service principles
We serve flexibly and
- Our website www.stat.fi gives
access to a wide range of free-of-charge data products and
services: latest statistical data, publications, statistical
databases, dedicated sections on topics and themes, statistical
metadata, and learning materials.
- Our information and advice services, as well as experts in
various fields provide assistance in the search, use and
interpretation of Finnish and international statistics. The lending
service and the information sources of the Library of Statistics
are also at our customers' disposal. Services of the Library of
- The information, training and special services we charge for
can meet demanding information needs.
- For further information on our range of products and services
see Products and
We are easy to
- We will answer general information service queries sent to us
via the online form Ask
about statistics, or by
email or telephone +358 9 1734 2220.
- You are free to contact the experts in our statistics. Their
contact details can be found under Further information on the
left-hand side of the homepage of each set of statistics, or each
product or service.
- The Library of Statistics is open on weekdays: Library opening
- Our products can be ordered from the customer service of Edita
Publishing Oy, tel. +3520 450 05 and from
Edita's online bookstore.
- You can give us feedback via our feedback channel.
- You can report changes in your contact details with an online form.
- Statistics Finland's official service point is the Registrar's
Office which is open Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6.15 pm (in
summer from 1 June to 31 August between 9 am and 3 pm).
- Staff email addresses are of the form
information in more detail.
We operate fast and with
- We will answer queries and feedback received by email or via
the Internet within two working days.
- We will route the queries to the right expert.
- We will despatch finished products within two days from receipt
- We adhere to agreed delivery schedules and inform about any
We keep data users
- All statistical releases for the current year can be found in
alphabetical and chronological order in our Release
- When revisions take place in our statistics we post information
about them on the Revisions in
these statistics page.
- By subscribing to our News notification
service you can order free notifications to your email inbox
about our latest statistical releases and other current issues
related to our statistics.
- You can also keep up-to-date with our news supply with RSS feeds.
- We organise seminars, training and special events on topical
We learn through
- We attend carefully to the needs of our data users and seek the
best solution for each information request.
- We regularly ask for and gather the views and opinions of our
data users and other stakeholders in order to improve our
- We co-operate continuously with our data suppliers in order to
make the provision of data easier for them. Section on Data collections.
Last updated 11.3.2014