Consumers' assessment of the economy
The Consumer Barometer includes questions about certain economic matters.
Individual indicators are based on the following questions:
- consumers' assessment of the development of the Finnish economy and their own economic situation as well as the development of consumer prices over the past and coming year.
- consumers' assessment of changes in unemployment over the next 12 months.
- consumers' assessment of how favourable the present time was for making major purchases, saving, or raising a loan.
- consumers' assessment of how much they would be spending on durable goods over the coming year, compared to the past year.
The indicators' statistical unit is the individual consumer, and the measurement unit is "percentage of consumers".
The household indicator is based on the following question:
- consumers' assessment of the financial situation of their own household.
The indicator's statistical unit is the household, and the measurement unit is "percentage of households".
Validity of the definition