Level of housing
The occupancy rate and standard of equipment of the dwelling together describe the level of housing of the household-dwelling unit.
The classification of occupancy rate:
- Spacious: a household-dwelling unit of one to five persons with room units at its disposal exceeding the number of its members by at least three (kitchen is not included in the number of rooms).
- Overcrowded: more than one person per room unit (kitchen is not included in the number of rooms).
- Normal: not belonging to the above categories.
(Kitchen is not included in the number of rooms from 1989 onwards.)
Standard of equipment:
- High standard of equipment: the dwelling has running water, sewage, hot water, toilet, washing facilities (shower, bathroom or sauna) and central or electric heating.
- Low standard of equipment: the dwelling lacks washing facilities and/or central or electric heating.
- Substandard level of equipment: the dwelling lacks one of the following facilities: running water, sewage, hot water or toilet.
As from 2005 only "High standard of equipment" and "Other or unknown level of equipment" are used.
Statistics using the definition
Validity of the definition
- Valid until (31 December 2078)