Press release 7.12.2011
One day of life in Finland
The newly published Statistical Yearbook of Finland 2011 describes precisely the society and its development in Finland. For example, the statistics in the Yearbook reveal that if all events of 2010 are evenly divided between the days of the year, this is what happened in Finland during one day...
- 167 children were born, 86 boys and 81 girls
- 139 persons died
- 82 marriages were contracted
- 37 divorces were granted
- 12 foreign citizens received Finnish citizenship
- 2,403 house moves were made, 1,559 within the same municipality
- 30 new residential buildings were completed
- 41 fires broke out to which rescue services were alerted
- 91 enterprises opened and 58 closed
- 8 bankruptcy proceedings were instituted
- 160 credit cards were cancelled due to default
- EUR 2.8 million was paid as official development assistance
- Each inhabitant consumed 206 g of meat, 154 g of fresh vegetables, 87 g of sugar, 130 g of fresh fruit and 502 g of milk products
- Altogether 1.1 million litres of medium beer, 179,000 litres of wine and 82,000 litres of strong alcoholic beverages were consumed
- 28 abortions and 11 sterilisations were performed
- A total of 1,183 offences became known to the police, customs or the border guard, among them 58 drunken driving offences, 54 offences involving narcotics, 91 assaults, 2 rapes and 3 cases of sexual exploitation of a child
- 18 house burglaries and 37 motor vehicle burglaries were made
- 11 million short text messages were sent.
Statistical Yearbook of Finland is a basic reference book for statistics
The Statistical Yearbook of Finland 2011, published by Statistics Finland, is an extensive compilation of statistics containing both topical statistical data and long time series. Apart from data on Finland, the book also contains abundant international comparison data. The Yearbook has been published since 1879.
The Yearbook is accompanied by a CD-ROM containing the publication in PDF format, all its tables in Excel format, as well as its thematic maps. The publication is also available as an online service. The Yearbook is in three languages, Finnish, Swedish and English.
Source: Statistical Yearbook of Finland 2011. Statistics Finland
Price EUR 75 (incl. VAT), online service starting from EUR 110 plus VAT at 23%
Inquiries: Eila Laakso +358 9 1734 2509
Director in charge: Heli Mikkelä
Orders: Statistics Finland's Sales Service +358 9 1734 2011, email@example.com
Demo of online service